Same Sex Couples

The Attorney General has announce that from February 1st 2012, Australians seeking to enter into a same-sex marriage overseas will be be able to apply for a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage. The issuing of this certificate will allow same sex couples to marry overseas and to be recognized as being married according to that overseas country. However these marriages are not recognized as a marriage in Australia.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
close-alt close collapse comment ellipsis expand gallery heart lock menu next pinned previous reply search share star